CO-PRODUCTION AND/OR FOREIGN LOCATION INCENTIVES
Free Women Films can come on board your production as co-producers to bring 40% of the qualifying SA spend to the project or we can service your Foreign Location shoot in South Africa with a 25% rebate on the qualifying SA spend. Free Women Films has worked across 38 African countries as well as co-produced with UK, Germany, France, and Canada. SA has first class crew, equipment, studios and locations.
- Assess project in terms of locations, story, script, cast, cost, budgets, equipment, accommodation, visa requirements, travel, requirements to SA
- Decide on which fund to apply to
- Put together a feeler board with pictures of locations, studios,
- Compile shooting budget and scheduling on MMS
- DTI Rebate Application –compile all paperwork and requirements
- Once project green-lighted –set up SPV, Bank Account, Company Compliance PAYE, VAT,UIF with SARS
- Set up Accounting Package
- Legal agreements between the SPV and the Cast, Crew and Suppliers
- Book all the locations, studios, crew, cast, equipment, flights, accommodation
- Producer Insurance
- Casting Director and Casting if required
- Payroll-Cast and Crew
- Line Producing and overseeing of production process
- Provide the accounting on the production until all paid up and or post production is completed.
- Includes the payments of cast and crew and VAT, PAYE, UIF etc
- Payments and management of the International Cast Withholding Tax
- Prep Final Audit for DTI Rebate, submission, liaison, clarifications.
- Pay-out of Expropriation of funds